|Attention All Connecticut Law Enforcement Officers!
Brothers & Sisters,
The Connecticut State Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police cordially invites you to attend the First Annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Day at the Dunkin' Donuts Park as the Hartford Yard Goats (Colorado Rockies) take on the Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox)!
This event is hosted by the North Central Connecticut FOP Lodge #33 and is sponsored by the Greater Hartford Police Federal Credit Union.
A portion of the proceeds from all of the ticket sales will be donated to the Believe 208 Run for the Brave and Finest In Memory of Officer Paul Buchanan.
This event is open to all Law Enforcement Officers and their Families as a way recognizing all of your hard work and sacrifice in keeping us safe!
A great opportunity to learn about joining the Greater Hartford Police Federal Credit Union as well as becoming a proud member of The Fraternal Order of Police, the oldest and largest police organization!
Sunday May 6, 2018; 13:05 hours
Dunkin' Donuts Park, Hartford, CT
Tickets are $15.00 each
Use the link below to purchase tickets online.
Believe 208 was founded by Trish Buchanan, the widow of a police officer who succumbed to his depression and died by suicide in 2013. Trish’s inspiration to tell the world about Paul’s tragedy came from a final letter left by Paul to his family. In the letter Paul cries out desperately “…make my death an issue so that you can help other people that are like me.”
Believe 208 and CABLE have formed an alliance to enhance awareness and support of law enforcement officer mental health through:
- Annual race: “Believe 208: Run for the Brave and Finest” to promote community awareness and to counteract the stigma of seeking help to address crises affecting one’s emotional health.
- Enhancement of website and social media options to link users to local and national resources.
- Education of mental health providers including Employee Assistance Providers about police culture and police exposure to unique stressors.
- A yearly conference/workshop for law enforcement and mental health providers to promote, sustain and enhance resilience.
- Expansion of Peer Support Training and development of regional peer support networks.
- Development and dissemination of informational resources for families.